The Henry Viscardi Scool
- Coach Joe Slaninka from the school came by Archangel Michael’s Greek Festival to show his support.
The Midas Mission
Midas was started by Greek-American High School students as a way to give back to their community. They began selling Greek-inspired apparel at Greek Festivals to raise money for charities that they have been involved with. So far, they have made substantial donations to The HomeProject in Greece, St. Mary’s Children’s Hospital in Queens, The Midnight Run in NYC, and The Henry Viscardi School on Long Island.
Adam Hadjipateras and Liliana Papachristos founded Midas February 2019. They have worked together to design the products, source manufacturers, organize sales and supervise all aspects of the company.
The Midas Team
Peter and Aphrodite Dimopoulos joined the Midas Team in September and have been integral in helping Adam and Liliana to expand their operations.
The Garden City News
GCHS students start a business to raise funds for charities...
The Pappas Post
Inspired by philanthropy and their ancestry, the two Long Island high school students created The Midas T—a company which supports charitable causes through Greek-inspired apparel.
The National Herald
These acts of service inspired them to give back even more and to contribute in a tangible way.
St. Mary’s Kids
- Adam and Liliana bring supplies for the hospital’s feeding department.
- Adam paints a shelter for unaccompanied minors in Athens.
- Liliana and Melina Papachristos deliver hundreds of pairs of socks, gloves, etc. to the Midnight Run headquarters.
The Henry Viscardi School
- Team Midas plays a friendly game of basketball wheelchair with Viscardi alumns.