The Henry Viscardi Scool
- Coach Joe Slaninka from the school came by Archangel Michael’s Greek Festival to show his support.
The Midas Mission
Midas was started by Greek-American High School students as a way to give back to their community. They began selling Greek-inspired apparel at Greek Festivals to raise money for charities that they have been involved with. So far, they have made substantial donations to The HomeProject in Greece, St. Mary’s Children’s Hospital in Queens, The Midnight Run in NYC, and The Henry Viscardi School on Long Island.
On June 25, Liliana Papachristos (Class of ‘20) and Adam Hadjipateras (Class of ‘21) visited St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children in Bayside, Queens and presented The Center for Pediatric Feeding with over one thousand dollars worth of requested items.
Inspired by philanthropy and their ancestry, the two Long Island high school students created The Midas T—a company which supports charitable causes through Greek-inspired apparel.
These acts of service inspired them to give back even more to the community and to contribute in a tangible way. ..
St. Mary’s Kids
- Adam and Liliana bring supplies for the hospital’s feeding department.
- Adam paints a shelter for unaccompanied minors in Athens.
- Liliana and Melina Papachristos deliver hundreds of pairs of socks, gloves, etc. to the Midnight Run headquarters.
The Henry Viscardi School
- Team Midas plays a friendly game of basketball wheelchair with Viscardi alumns.
St. Paul’s Greek Festival